Pindler & Pindler Inc.
Pindler & Pindler Inc. became a business and opened our first store on Western Ave. in Los Angeles in 1947. The company moved to Third Street and Robertson Blvd in 1949. Around 1950, Matthew M. Pindler and Carl Pindler began buying fabric directly from mills that would provide continuity of delivery. Pindler & Pindler Inc. was primarily known as a drapery jobber throughout the 1950s. Carl’s son, Curt R. Pindler, began going to work with his dad on weekends and during the summer vacation months to make some pocket money as well as learn the business from the ground up. Matthew Pindler retired in 1957.